There is no denying the importance of the computers in today’s world
Technically in daily life computer is used to convert raw facts and data into meaningful information and knowledge. Computer science is explored and challenged by humans daily. The computer is like an electronic magical device for our life. According to Google Keyword Planner 100 – 1K people searching monthly on Google about ” best laptop for business and personal use” and 100-1K for the best desktop computer for small businesses in the last 1 year. This is one of the proofs that the use of the computer in our life and business is effective.
That’s why more and more people are buying and using a computer. If the uses of the computer are for good purposes then it is a boon for humans. From the government to the private sector everyone is using the computer. Users of the computer are constantly growing.
Short for Atanasoff-Berry Computer, the ABC began development by Professor John Vincent Atanasoff and graduate student Cliff Berry in 1937. Its development continued until 1942 at the Iowa State College.
The ABC was an electrical computer that used more than 300 vacuum tubes for digital computation, including binary math and Boolean logic, and had no CPU (was not programmable). On October 19, 1973, US Federal Judge Earl R. Larson signed his decision that the ENIAC patent by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly was invalid.
In the decision, Larson named Atanasoff the sole inventor. The ENIAC was invented by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly at the University of Pennsylvania and began construction in 1943 and was not completed until 1946. It occupied about 1,800 square feet and used about 18,000 vacuum tubes, weighing almost 50 tons. Although a judge later ruled the ABC computer was the first digital computer, many still consider the ENIAC to be the first digital computer because it was fully functional.
Using the computer in our daily life
You can understand and analyze the importance of computers by seeing a revolution in offline and online business, online education, online business, online communication, and internet banking.
To store, access, manipulate, calculate, analyze data, and information we use hardware devices and software applications. All our daily life activities are based on such online services and products. The computer changed our life 2 decades ago and now it is a necessity to use a computer in daily life to live.
Using the computer at home
People use the computer at home for distance learning, e-commerce, music, movies, and much more. It is almost unimaginable to have a home without a computer.
Using the computer in hospitals
Computers are used in hospitals to create a database of patients with their treatment and medicine records. Doctors also use computers to diagnose the diseases of patients faster, research hospitals, blood tests, and urine tests.
Using the computer in the Education field
We use computers in schools and colleges all around the world. Computer technologies are important to teach students digitally and creatively with data visualization. In a classroom, students used computers to explore their creativity and imagination. Many colleges and universities are offering online degree programs. Given the COVID-19 emergency across the world, most of the education is happening online with the help of computers and educational technologies.
Using the computer in the business
Computers and the Internet have changed the way people have been doing business. Now it has become easier to bring an idea to life and start a business. Computers have made it easier to run, manage, and grow business. Google, Facebook, and Amazon are great examples of that.
Using the computer in Machine Learning & AI (Artificial Intelligence)
Computers and computation have become very cheap and affordable over the last two decades. In addition to that, machine learning and AI have made huge progress in terms of better learning algorithms.
Uses of Computers, combined with the availability of data and machine learning algorithms, have enabled automation and cognitive computer very feasible. As a result, we are seeing more and more work on autonomous vehicles, drones, virtual assistants and chatbots, etc.
Using the computer in the banking sector
Now days Uses of the computer in banks are common. Banks are using computers daily to faster and accurate customer demands. Banks are using a computer to deposit customer money in their account. Such uses of banking in our daily life are stored, calculated, and managed by computers with speed and accuracy. The use of the computer in banking not only saving our productive time but also reducing the infrastructure cost of banks.
Characteristics of the computer
- An ability to perform the given task automatically.
- A computer is an automatic machine.
- Once a program is given to computer i.e. stored in computer memory, the program and instruction can control the program execution automatically.
- Computers are very accurate.
- The computer performs calculations with a high degree of accuracy.
- A computer is free from dullness, tiredness, and lack of concentration.
- Computers can work continuously without any error.
- The computer can do repeated work with the same speed and accuracy.
- Computers can store a huge amount of information and can recall any piece of this information whenever required.
- Commonly used storage measurement units are Byte, KB, MB, GB, TB, etc.
- Computers can perform a broad variety of tasks.
- Computers can be used to solve problems related to different fields.
- At one occurrence, it may be solving a complex scientific problem, and the very next moment it may be playing a game.
- The ability of a system to consistently perform its required function, on the demand and without failure.
- A computer is a reliable machine.
- No wisdom/IQ
- A computer is a machine that has no intelligence to perform any task.
- Each instruction has to be given to a computer.
- A computer cannot take any decision on its own.
- The computer has no feelings or emotions.
- It cannot make judgments based on feelings, taste, experience, and knowledge, unlike a human being.
What are the advantages of using a computer?
- Increase your productivity
- Connects you to the Internet
- Can store vast amounts of information and reduce waste
- Helps sort, organize, and search through information
- Get a better understanding of data
- Keeps you connected
- Can help you learn and keep you informed
- You can make money by using the computer
- Improves your employment options
- Improves your abilities
- Can help automate and monitor
- Save Time
- Assist the physically challenged
- Keep you entertained
Finally now a days using the computer is compulsory in our life
This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally, I’ve found something that helped me.
I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way, keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one today.
Statements instead of questions
Statements instead of questions/
Nice to read this blog. great job is done. My web blog is……
I’ll probably be back again to view more, thank you for the advice!
These are in fact enormous ideas on the topic of blogging. You have touched some pleasant points here.
Any way keep up writing.
My Website is